Are online case prep resources like rocketblocks worth it?

Been seeing a bunch of online case preparation resources, rocketblocks being one in particular that looks pretty good. Was wondering if anyone has had any experience using it and if it was worth the money?

If there are other free alternatives would love to hear them as well!

There’s a free trial for rocketblocks which I’ve been using for a while. You can see how you go after? I’ve just been recycling trial after trial, but it means I can’t track my progress as well.

I feel like Rocketblocks is a really good platform for drills and building the basic fundamentals, but definitely not a necessary part of your case prep.

You could definitely find cheaper replacements by searching up each drill individually, ie zetamac for quick maths, maybe even ChatGPT for structured thinking, just will take a lot longer than having one centralised platform for it.

You could even consider splitting a subscription with a friend or someone else who is prepping.

Personally I felt like doing live cases helped me with my prep a lot more than doing drills, which was why I never committed to a subscription beyond the free trial. I recommend doing cases from this casebook → bit.ly/a-curious-consultant

Oh, and also depending what uni you go to, some unis offer free access to casecoach (unsw), and if you go for an MBB interview they give you free access as well!

this is super helpful thanks! Will try the free trial option and see how i go