I'm trying to get my first internship but I have zero work experience

I’m looking to apply for my first internship but I have zero experience. It seems like every internship is looking for past experience. Does anyone know any companies that hire people with no experience or does anyone have any tips on getting their first internship?

2 Likes

When I think back to the time I got my first internship, all I had on my resume was a part time job I had at a cafe when I was in high school.

My friends who hadn’t worked at all before talked about their uni society experience in their first internship interview.

I think there are a couple free opportunities out there such as volunteering or participating in case comps that can be used to beef up your resume.

In terms of companies that hire students with no experience, I think it depends on what field you are looking into, but generally the big 4 (Deloitte, KPMG, PWC, and EY) have reasonably big intakes for vaccie roles. I’ve heard startups can be good as well if you can find one.

1 Like

Thank you!!! Do you know how many students the big 4 hire each year?

It changes every year but for the firm I was at there was approx 70 or so in audit, 20ish across consulting/actuarial and maybe another 20-30 across the other teams, so I’d say roughly in the 110-130 range?