J.P. Morgan Investment Banking Summer Internship 2024

A thread for the J.P. Morgan Investment Banking/Markets Summer Internship 2024

Link: J.P. Morgan Australia Investment Banking Summer Internship

Does anyone have any tips for optimising your resume for investment banking?

I’ve heard technicals is an important part of the interview? What types of questions do they ask for technicals?

Technicals are for when they test you on your finance knowledge. I think most people just use BIWS 400 questions as a guide for the questions you can expect in technicals.

Here’s the link: https://assets.super.so/b1ad611f-a20a-44a5-8170-dc763511be78/files/9c836c26-4dd9-4daa-ae62-1c21bf0b6eb2.pdf

Hey, some quick pointers:

• Keep it to one page, be concise, have a clear structure
  • Structure with professional finance experience or analysis near the top (most firms will only skim the firm names of your experience until the actual interview)
  • Make sure to include as much relevant finance related experience (both professional and extracurricular) - This can include internships, finance competitions, roles in finance clubs
  • In your dot points, give as much detail as possible, this can be: the industries you’ve done work for, size of deals, type of analysis conducted, number of proposals made
  • Emphasise qualities such as leadership, initiative, teamwork, project management, and analysis

Best of luck for your app!

Very solid pointers above^

A couple things I’d add:

Regarding the format of the resume, I’d recommend the Harvard Resume Guide as a good template to have. You wan’t to stand out but not for the wrong reasons.

Your WAM/Grade at uni should be clear under your education. If there is a distinct difference between your Finance WAM and overall WAM (especially for Law Dual degrees), it’s worth mentioning each individually.

Good luck!

does JP Morgan accept International students foe summer Internship?